Sunday, November 20, 2011

Great weekend celebrating my 2 years of marriage!

We packed our bags, kissed Josiah goodbye (grandma is baby sitting for the weekend) and head off to Las Vegas. My cousin Freddy and his lovely wife Belkis were already at state line awaiting our arrival. They had our whole trip planned out for us and presented it as a wedding anniversary gift.(best gift ever!) Dancing, concerts, fine dining with great company and always next to the love of my life (my wife) is how I spent the last 72 hours.
In about 40 minutes the clock will strike 12am making it November 21st 2011. 2 years ago on this same exact date I made the biggest promise of my life! I promised Mrs. Martha Joya to love her unconditionally through thick and thin, till death do us part. Well, 2 years down... An eternity to go. I want to take this moment to make 1 more promise to my lovely wife... I promise to stay away from the Chinese section in buffet lines (Gassy foods) and I promise to keep our relationship fresh and fun.
Freddy and Belkis were high school sweet hearts and have been married for over 20 years. They have 2 lovely kids, a family dog and a ginny pig.They are one of the great success stories I always think about but never hear about in the tabloids.
I thank god for the guidance and strength's that he gives us every day helping us overcome life's obstacles that are thrown our way. On Nov 21st, 2009 I not only made a promise to Martha but also to God and that just makes my promise a keeper! :-)




This picture was taken On our way back home. I love this picture because even though there's a long road ahead of us, we made it to our destination safe and sound. Reminds me of married life and the great road we have to travel. :-)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment